You’ve finally arranged to meet and you are going on your first date together. You probably have butterflies in your stomach and are getting nervous about making a great first impression. You need to find the perfect balance of cool and comfort, and that’s exactly what you’ll get at Metro. We have the comfort food you need to make you both feel at ease in a cool-but-casual environment. We’ll take care of the food and the atmosphere, you just have to bring your A-game and show this special how great you really are!
The Perfect First Date Meal
Fried Pickles with Siracha Sour Cream
It’s the perfect first-date opener. It’s different, so they’ll see how adventurous you are, but everyone loves them so it’s not so over the top that you end up opening your meal with something that disappoints. People love the sour taste of the pickle combined with the salty goodness of our batter. Plus, you can take it to the next level with a dip into our Siracha sour cream, boosting the taste and putting a smile on both your faces. You can share the appetizer as you get over the first date jitters and start to learn more about each other!
Oh, talk about comfort food! It doesn’t get better than this. You’ll be instantly put at ease when you take your first bite of this creamy, rich, delicious meal. We make our mac ‘n’ cheese with cavatapi pasta then add juicy shrimp, spicy sausage, peppers and onions so each bite is its own flavor explosion. We finish it off with Cajun seasoning, taking this classic dish to a whole new place. No matter how nervous you might be on your first date, this dish is so good you’ll be distracted by your nerves and be able to turn on the charm.
Shrimp ‘n’ Grits
This dish is a classic with a sophisticated side…just like you! We take sauteed shrimp and combine them with our homemade white cheddar grits. As if that wasn’t good enough already, we add a basil chiffonade and parmesan cheese. Sure, it might be tough to keep the conversation going when you are devouring this incredible dish, but your date won’t mind. When comfort food is this good, it needs to be enjoyed!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Stuffed with Oreos and Served a la Mode
The only decision you’ll need to make it whether you are sharing this dessert or getting your own. By the time you reach this sweet treat, hopefully, you are pretty sweet on your date as well. Even if you aren’t, the comfort you’ll find in the layers of chocolate, peanut butter, Oreo and ice cream should be more than enough to get you to the end of your date with a smile on your face!
More First Date Tips from Metro
- Make sure you ask your date if they have any dietary restrictions. We have options for vegetarians, those who need to stay away from gluten, and can accommodate a variety of allergy needs, too. Make sure you ask so you can let us know, too!
- Relax! First dates can be nerve-wracking, but we promise that no matter how bad or good it goes, you’ll be alright. Let our menu of comfort food and craft beers put you at ease so you can concentrate on getting to know your date, not on how nervous you might be feeling!
- Take your time. Even if you aren’t sure this is the right person for you, give it at least until you’ve had dessert to make that decision. Sometimes first impressions aren’t accurate, and the person next to you might deserve a second chance.
- Be prepared to pick up the tab. Don’t come on a date expecting the other person to pay; they might, but you don’t want to be short on cash if they either can’t pick up the bill, don’t offer, or didn’t bring any money.
- Remember that you can have our food delivered! If the first date goes well and you are planning another one, remember that you can have our delicious comfort food delivered to your door for a great night at home.
Need anything else for your big date? Just let us know! Our team is always happy to do whatever we can to make your date night a huge success.